fourteen on the fourteenth

Tuesday, October 16, 2012



When Lucy is fourteen years old, we'll celebrate her golden birthday…go crazy with the whole 14 theme and make it extra special. At least that's my plan now. I guess we'll see how it goes when we get there.

Here she is, at fourteen months. On the 14th of October.

She's got gobs of teeth now, her latest two are on the top, one on each side. I'm sure I could find out what they're called, but I'm not gonna bother right now. She walks and runs like crazy…as long as she's holding our hands. She's not wanting to venture out on her own, and if we try to make her, she collapses on the ground in sobs like we're the meanest parents ever. She loves to push her stroller around. Our walks have gotten much slower.

She also babbles away and pays close attention to us when we sing the alphabet song to her and usually says "yay" and claps her hand when we come to the end of the song. But still no real, consistent words. She does great in the nurseries at church and Bible study & MOPS (three different places, three different groups of workers and other kids).

She loves her bath time and music of any sort and honey nut cheerios and yogurt and oatmeal and avocados and doggies. She's still charming total strangers just by turning those long lashes their way. She takes great delight in the simplest things and will entertain herself with her books and toys for a good long time…some days. Other days, she's whiny and "needs" mama every minute. And those days are good days, too. Because I know there will come a day when she doesn't "need" me…or thinks she doesn't. So I'll soak it in now.

We love being her parents.

I always have such fun doing a photo shoot with her, but usually only share my favorite shots. So here's some of the outtakes mixed in with some favorites.









1 comment:

Jenny @ Words on Wendhurst said...

Man is that girl beautiful! You guys need to have a bajillion more kids -they're just so cute! :)